Thursday, May 17, 2007

Alone and Empty

So alone and filled with emptiness
No one to comfort me
Hold me in their arms, give me a hug
Whisper in my ear, things will be okay

Weary of starting my life over
Dusting myself off, moving on
Smiling, the pain and doubt still there
Making their home in my heart and soul

Beaten so far down this time, defeated
I struggle to find my way back up
Just when I take a step ahead
Pain and doubt come back to visit me

Weary of taking care of myself
Hear my plea; take care of me for now
Weary of making decisions alone
I am weary, well I am just weary

Others do not understand, my friend
They think I should forget
Pretend that nothing happened to me
My life not taken seriously

No appreciation for the grief I feel
Not grief over him or the marriage
Grief because a part of my soul has died
And grief because I let it happen.

No one to listen to my feelings
Or the words I speak from my heart
Embarrassment is their reaction
They turn away from me speechless

Can’t they realize that at this time in my life
No response or advice is needed
My longing, please someone hear my voice
Know my world at the moment, alone and empty

Copyright © 2007 Sylvia A. Feeley All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

ArahMan7 said...

Love your poem, Sylvia. I might borrow it someday. With your permission of course.

Scott M. Frey said...

been there myself... well put!

Sober Steve said...

WOw thanks for writing what many of us feel.

peace
Steve

Judith said...

Beautiful, melancholy poem, Sylvia. Thank you for sharing it.

~Judith