Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Abuse is a Form of Terrorism

As I was reading the news this morning, it struck me that abuse is a form of terrorism. I had never thought of it that way. I now have an idea of how people feel who are subjected to terror everyday of their lives. Not knowing when the next attack will occur and will they survive another day. I do not intend this to demean in any way people who are affected by terrorism, it is only my observation regarding the feelings inflicted by an abuser. Each day is a struggle with highs and lows. One minute you are up and ready to conquer the world and the next minute ready to get in the corner in a fetal position and withdraw from life. Today and this minute, I am in the conquer mode and not sure how long it will last. I am getting better and I do hope that I can be whiny without someone saying, Get Over It. Until you have been there, you have no right to say that because as I said before, until it happens to you, you cannot understand what has been done to me or countless others who suffer abuse.

It helps to get these feelings out and in black and white. It makes them real so I know I am not really going crazy. My desire is that if there is a person reading this that has been abused, they will know they are not alone. There is someone who understands. Perhaps it will help them take action if they are still in an abusive situation. It is scary and it does take courage but it cannot be any more scary that staying. There are places to go and people who will help. Above all know that you are not alone.

2 comments:

Patricia Marie said...

A great post.

kel said...

I think you and I are going to get along fabulously here in the blog sphere!! Your honesty and strength are admirable!! Thank you for sharing.

~kel